Styles can be requested individually or in combination.
- Therapeutic Swedish massage therapy can be very gentle and relaxing. The Swedish style uses long smooth strokes, kneading, and circular movements on superficial layers of muscle. It's primary purpose is to increase circulation and oxygen flow in the blood, soothe the nervous system, and release toxins from the muscles. It reduces stress, both emotional and physical, and is recommended for one's regular stress management program.
- Deep Tissue massage targets the deeper layers of muscle and connective tissue. This technique uses slower strokes and friction techniques across the grain of the muscles in addition to targeting tendons, ligaments, and joints. Deep tissue massage is used for chronically tight or painful muscles, postural problems, or injury recovery.
- Sports Massage is specifically designed for people who are involved in physical activity. But you don't have to be a professional athlete to have one-it's also used by people who are active and work out often. The focus isn't on relaxation but on preventing and treating injury and enhancing athletic performance. A combination of techniques are used including facilitated stretching and range of motion. The strokes used are generally faster than Swedish massage. The main goal of a sports massage is to loosen muscles and increase flexibility.
- Heatless Cupping uses a tool similar to a suction cup to pull the tissue in a direction opposite to what we are able to do with standard massage techniques. This technique is commonly associated with Traditional Chinese Medicine and can be used for many purposes including to help with pain, blood flow, and myofascial restrictions. Depending on the treatment the cups may be left in place and/or slid around the body. This treatment can cause a mild swelling and/or bruise like pattern on the skin due to blood vessels expanding. The marks should not be painful but could last from 2-days to 2-weeks.
- Trigger Point Therapy focuses on tight points within muscle tissue that can cause pain both locally and referred to other areas of the body. Great care is taken in Trigger Point Therapy because these points can be very tender and require sustained pressure to release constrictions. Many times the recipient is asked to actively participate through relaxed breathing and rating the intensity of the discomfort. By focusing on these pain sources we help to release constrictions, returning flexibility and strength to the muscle.
- Myofascial Release involves applying gentle sustained pressure into Myofascial connective tissue restrictions to eliminate pain and restore motion. Trauma, inflammatory responses, and/or surgical procedures create Myofascial restrictions that can produce painful tensile pressures. Sessions are performed directly on skin with little to no oils or creams which enables the therapist to accurately detect fascial restrictions and apply the appropriate amount of sustained pressure to facilitate release of the fascia.
- Pre-Natal Massage is for pregnant women who are looking to ease the aches and pains that come with the body's changes during pregnancy. Special care is made to be sure you are laying in a comfortable and supported position throughout the treatment. Pre-Natal Massage focuses on relieving tension and stress, reducing swelling, and improving circulation for both mother and baby.
- Other Styles Amy is also trained in Reiki, Acupressure, Aromatherapy, and Medical Massage. She uses these styles periodically throughout her massage treatments.